I got the surfacing in Rhino to a place that I’m pretty happy with. I’ve now taken that base surface into Fusion 360 where I’ve nearly completed a fully parametric model – I can adjust the grip, forend, LOP, comb geometry and should be able to swap these out for different varieties (e.g. butt hook,… Continue reading Parametric Progress
I’m definitely improving with Rhino – there’s still a lot of surface optimization to go into the grip area, but I’ll wait for until I’ve printed and validated the current geometry before I refine it further. I’m also looking into stippling for the grip – another hangover from Anschutz I really like.
Testing out these modifications. Higher palm swell, and including the trigger guard to make sure reach is appropriate. Maybe I’ll do one in plastic, one day?
This is the 2nd grip prototype I’ve made for the P3 stock. The width and angle feel great, I will modify the palm swell and add something of a thumb shelf for the future. The next design prototype needs to feature a (dummy) trigger so I can confirm that the reach is correct.
Since I lost a bunch of posts about this when the site was taken down, but here’s the broad summary: Hybrid competition / lightweight hunting stock Removable weights in forend and butt for balance and recoil management Canted, sided grip for improved ergonomics Adjustable comb so you can actually remove the bolt / have other… Continue reading Rifle Stock P3
It appears the site was hacked in the last week – I’ve rolled it back to an old version and updated everything, but unfortunately this means some content is lost – mostly videos of the annealer, and some rifle stock updates. When I get around to it I’ll replace them (I do have back ups… Continue reading Rolled back
Dug this guy out again, mostly for fun and some rendering practise.
Few more issues to iron out, but we’re back. I’m behind on updates for the rifle stock too, so I’ll hopefully post up the new bits soon.
Finally got my hands on it – now for the tedium of sanding & finishing!